Feb 4th, 2019
If you want to join in on the punnery, send an email to email@example.com and talk to us.
- Do you have good advice about cooking?
- Do you've any good bilingual puns?
- Can you avoid using animals as verbs?
Mentioned in the podcast:
- Bob Woodward (including "All the President's Men" and "Fear"
- Gary's list of verbed animals can be found at jbonneau.com
- Play games at faceboook.com/punypage
- And find out more about us at facebook.com/punintensive
This week's panelists are:
A really cool part of today's show was our very special guest, David Wyde, who puns at open mics, with friends, and to people at parties who unwitty-ingly make eye contact. He has competed at Seattle's Pundamonium and Austin's O. Henry Pun-Off.He once rendered a bar full of comedy seekers completely silent, in a head-to-head pun-off on hospitals: "My voice keeps going up and down; I think I have an inflection."David sprinkled puns throughout his talk on web cookies at the DefCon hacker conference, but they're too crumby to include here. As a software engineer and an official chess master, he tries to avoid The Mate-Tricks.
And don't forget to remember that the next O. Henry Pun-Off World Championship is in Austin on May 11th, 2019. We also want to give special thanks to the band Dark Meat, whose music ("When the Killers Came") we use for interstitials and for Gary's wind chimes, which provided background music.
We'll see you in a week!