Jan 21st, 2019
If you want to join us in the punnery, send an email to email@example.com and talk to us.
- Do you have good advice about Spring Break?
- Questions about Pundamonium?
- Do you pun in chunks?
Today's panelists are:
Also, you should check out
- Daniel Pink ("Drive" is terrific)
- Malcom Gladwell (His podcast is sublime, but a good first book to read is "Outliers")
- Annika Eagle
- Punderdome in NYC
- PUNY Page on Facebook
- And of course, check out the Le Corbusier Grand Confort LC2. Because everyone knows about that!
A really cool part of today's show was our very special guest, David Wyde, who puns at open mics, with friends, and to people at parties who unwitty-ingly make eye contact. He has competed at Seattle's Pundamonium and Austin's O. Henry Pun-Off.He once rendered a bar full of comedy seekers completely silent, in a head-to-head pun-off on hospitals: "My voice keeps going up and down; I think I have an inflection."David sprinkled puns throughout his talk on web cookies at the DefCon hacker conference, but they're too crumby to include here. As a software engineer and an official chess master, he tries to avoid The Mate-Tricks.
And don't forget to remember that the next O. Henry Pun-Off World Championship is in Austin on May 11th, 2019. We also want to give special thanks to the band Dark Meat, whose music ("When the Killers Came") we use for interstitials.
We'll see you next week with more!